Happy World Environmental Day from Out of the Blue, Capsis Elite Resort
We at Out of the Blue, Capsis Elite Resort, celebrate the environmental day, every day. We care about the environment and proof of that is that our daily operations are designed in such a manner to respect and preserve the environment. We invest into environmental friendly methods such as solar panels, water treatment systems and use of eco-friendly products. Apart of that, we have built three greenhouses with flowers, vegetables, and herbs that are grown on up with organic procedures and are used at the hotels restaurants. Finally, our resort was totally integrated within the natural environment by the creation of a botanical park of 167.000 m2, a majestic cactus garden, a dreamy waterfall in which turtles live by and a small lake.
This special day we would like to provide you with 10 tips that you should follow every day :
- Turn off electrical appliances when you’re not using them .
- Waterwise. Be water wise. It’s easier than you think. Simple actions can have big impacts.
- Reduce your waste by reusing and repairing – many items can still be used when you’ve finished with them.
- Don’t waste food – if we stopped wasting food we could avoid million tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalents being emitted each year.
- Recycle your waste – one recycled tin can would save enough energy to power a television for 3 hours.
- Support Fairtrade for better prices, decent working conditions, local sustainability, and fair terms of trade for farmers and workers in the developing world.
- Get on your bike – it is good also for your health.
- Volunteer to make a difference – volunteer some of your time to make a difference to your local community.
- Eat more local, seasonal food to reduce the energy needed to grow and transport the food we eat, support the local economy and reconnect with nature.
- Buy more sustainably – look for products that have been made with respect for the environment.
source: university of Hertfordshire
Please visit the official Environmental Day website